Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a small startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a helicopter company in Hawaii to a consulting company in London to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Intern.
This isn’t your average internship, where you’ll be sequestered to a corner to analyze the analysis of an analyzer. No, no, my friend. Make no mistake.
You may still be sequestered to a corner, but you’ll be doing real work.
This digital marketing internship is a hands-on, rotational type of role that will expose you to the areas of SEO, Social Media, Digital PR, and Client Communications.
Specifically, you’ll be rotating throughout the summer to carefully construct content, conduct PR outreach, and support the creation of weekly client check-ins.
It’s our hope that you’ll walk away blown away by how much there is to marketing…but inspired to still continue on that journey.
Still curious about what an average day to day looks like? Here it is.
- Create optimized SEO content like blog posts and landing pages
- Produce premium social media content like stories, response, influencer campaigns, and standard news feed posts
- Assist Digital PR team with the creation of outreach lists, as well as doing the actual pitching to media editors
- Edit SEO content from external content creators before publishing to maintain quality
- Design graphics like blog header images and infographics to enhance SEO content
- Execute internal link strategies to help your content rank in search engines
- Work in our project management software to communicate internal activities to clients
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the specifics on what you’ll be managing and are comfortable with:
- Writing: You should be an excellent writer. You can craft emails, produce 500+ word blog posts, and create social media posts that inspire the likes
- Reliable: You’re not the summer intern that quits two weeks in because something came up. Nope, you’re in it to win it throughout one hot summer in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Detail Oriented: You can edit, follow a process, navigate a project management software, and do just about anything if given the right direction
- Familiar with Platforms & Tools like… WordPress, IG, Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, Google Apps
Your day-to-day activities includes applying elements of the items above to support our teams for a wide variety of clients.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to write about a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. A journalism degree with an emphasis on marketing will put your resume at the top of the list, but is not required.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected]