We recently interviewed Megan Chiamos, Marketing Manager at Baseplan Software Group to learn more about their software and the story behind their company.
What’s your story?
I started with Baseplan a year and a half ago. I was really driven to Baseplan because of the superior product offering and the businesses growth potential. Baseplan has allowed me to use my strengths and develop new skills along the way. We are a small team in the US, but have great communication with the larger Australia team. We all work together as a team and it makes coming to work a real joy. It has been an incredible company to be a part of for both business and personal growth.
What exactly does your company do and who benefits from the service?
Since 1986, Baseplan Software has been providing the rental, fleet, dealership, and construction industries the most comprehensive ERP software on the market. Businesses can manage their entire operation from inquiry to invoice with Baseplan’s cornerstone solution, Baseplan Enterprise. Additionally, Baseplan offers a suite of mobility apps to keep service, sales, and transport teams connected on the road. Baseplan Software is part of Constellation Software Inc. – the largest network of industry specific suppliers in the world. For many of the top rental companies, Baseplan Enterprise has become the ‘central nervous system’ of their business. Baseplan Software is proud to be a global partner for our clients, keeping them at the forefront of the latest ERP technology trends.
What makes you unique?
Baseplan offers the most robust ERP software for companies that rent, service, and sell equipment. As technology and the industries our customers operate in evolve, so do we. Baseplan is dedicated to driving new technology, not reinventing the wheel.
What are you most excited about for the future of your company?
We’re in a very unique position here at Baseplan. We offer one of the best ERP products on the market, and our North American customers are now benefiting from the 30 years of success the product has had globally. The product is built on new technology which makes it a sound investment. Being a part of this growth and expansion is exciting as we help more and more customers on a global scale.
Do you have core values at your company? If so, what are they and how do they impact your business operations?
Baseplan has 5 core values. Everything we do is centered around a positive experience for our customers.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead by example and seek to continually improve self and company practices.
- HONESTY: Be forthright and held to accountable for our actions.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Take ownership of issues and follow through to resolve.
- CONSISTENCY: Deliver premium service every time.
- PASSION: Strive to deliver the best in what we do and how we do it.
What are some stats that help showcase the impact your company has?
Baseplan’s sole purpose is to help companies increase their bottom line. The Baseplan Enterprise system connects and streamlines every operation within a business from inquiry to invoicing to maximize efficiency.
ROI’s REPORTED BY BASEPLAN’S CLIENTS POST INSTALL
- 97% Improvement in monthly sales forecast accuracy
- 90% reduction in month end time to complete
- 80% reduction in effort for equipment sales quoting
- 80% reduction in air freight costs associated with parts
- 300% increase in mechanic productivity (jobs closed per day)
- 20% reduction in average accounts receivable days
- 60% reduction in credits issued
- 50% increase in first time fixes for service jobs
- 64% reduction in spare parts inventory
- 66% reduction in breakdown jobs vs preventative maintenance service jobs
- 20% increase in used equipment sales prices
If you could give your clients one piece of advice, what would you say?
An ERP software system is an investment, not an expense. The more you invest in your system, the more your business will reap the benefits. Dedicating time and resources to obtain accurate data and develop more efficient processes delivers real ROI that can bee seen almost immediately.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are in need of equipment rental software, feel free to reach out directly to Baseplan on their website.