How do you develop a retail social media strategy to sell t-shirts online and in local stores?
Markitors approach to developing a retail social media strategy:
Sportiqe Apparel delivers some of the most innovative casual sportswear designs in the licensed apparel industry. Markitors was tasked with creating a retail social media strategy of how Sportiqe could replicate their offline success in a digital world. In order to deliver a cutting edge strategy that would be “uniqe” to “Sportiqe,” Markitors did the following:
- A comprehensive evaluation of the competition and their retail social media strategy
- A look at how Sportiqe matched up to their competition
- Created the theme and voice of the Sportiqe retail social media strategy
- Identified the social media platforms that would be beneficial for retail
- Created a weekly content schedule with ten creative ideas that are uniqe to Sportiqe
- Identified key metrics to track the digital success
By creating this retail social media strategy, Markitors has helped Sportiqe start to replicate their offline success. The strategy varies by platform and helps guide the brand’s marketing initiatives. For example, when a celebrity is spotted wearing something from Sportiqe, that photo is added to the Pinterest pinboard. Foursquare tips are left at the retail outlets where Sportiqe is carried to alert consumers of the available apparel. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms also play a vital role in the Sportiqe retail social media strategy.
Most importantly, the strategy helps customers feel as good online about the brand as they do in Sportiqe’s comfy t-shirts. We invite you to like Sportiqe on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, pin them on Pinterest, love them on Instagram, and check in on Foursquare to learn more.
Markitors is spelled with an “i/o” for input output. We’re an analytical digital marketing agency in Phoenix that blends marketing and auditing to help B2C companies improve their online presence. Contact us to see how Markitors can help create a retail social media strategy for your organization.