How do you use a social media giveaway as a part of an online indie movie marketing strategy?
Markitors social media giveaway approach:
Faces In The Mirror is a film that naturally lends itself to a social media giveaway. With the national movie premiere taking place in late August, Markitors launched a social media giveaway that encouraged fans to submit a photo of their “face in the mirror” for a chance to win tickets to the premiere with Boyd Tinsley from the Dave Matthews Band.
An independent panel of judges selected ten finalists from thousands of photo submissions. The Faces In The Mirror Facebook community then voted for the winning photo. The photo with the most likes and unique comments would send the finalist and friend to Seattle for the premiere. The winner would also go to the Gorge for a three day Dave Matthews Band show. The runner ups would receive a Faces In The Mirror movie poster signed by members of the Dave Matthews Band.
The Faces In The Mirror social media giveaway resulted in the following:
- One social interaction (a comment, like, or share) every 10 seconds during the final day of the contest
- Photos received more than 500,000 organic impressions on social media sites like Facebook
- Organically increased Facebook “LIKES” by 50% over the course of the campaign
- Increased brand recall of Faces In The Mirror
- Successfully launched an online premiere with Faces In The Mirror entrants in late August
Here are the ten photos from the social media giveaway that were selected as finalists. The first one was the winner.