Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for an Content Editor Intern.
The sole responsibility of a Content Editor Intern is to proofread, edit, and put the finishing touches on the content our agency produces.
Content producers love having you on the team. People give you props for brand consistency. Readers don’t think about whether you exist because your content looks flawless.
What’s a day to day look like as a Content Editor Intern? Here it is.
- Proofread, re-structure and improve blog posts and landing pages for grammatical errors and writing style
- Work hand-in-hand with our Content Writers to review and implement client revisions
- Edit content to adopt each client’s unique brand, tone, and voice
- Edit, optimize, and format client-written content
- Review, select, and edit expert insights from our knowledge platform, Terkel
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English or Journalism
- Or pursuing a Certificate in Creative Writing or Technical Writing
- A love to write…as demonstrated in a personal blog, novel, or well-written creative class project
- Curiosity for marketing
- Alignment with our core values
Your day-to-day activities include a lot of editing content for a wide variety of clients.
Plus, you’re doing it in a startup environment named a Best Place To Work three years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide). You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Instagram account.
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to edit a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. The on-boarding process will include a healthy dose of SEO foundations to familiarize you with the world of digital marketing.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
The start and end dates of this internship align with the Spring Semester schedule and are flexible during both Spring and Summer. This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12.15 / hour.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter to [email protected]