Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for an Content Editor Intern.
The sole responsibility of a Content Editor Intern is to proofread, edit, and put the finishing touches on the content our agency produces.
Community Managers love having you on the team. People give you props for brand consistency. Readers don’t think about whether you exist because your content looks flawless.
What’s a day to day look like as a Content Editor Intern? Here it is.
- Review, select, and edit expert insights from our knowledge platform, Terkel
- Proofread, re-structure and improve community-driven blog posts for grammatical errors and writing style
- Work hand-in-hand with our Community Managers to review and select panelists based on Google’s E-A-T Content Guidelines
- Edit content with respect to each contributor’s unique brand, tone, and voice
- Attend Agile meetings to brainstorm ideas, prioritize sprints, and to bring diversity on the table
Ready to help create content that ranks in search engines? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English or Journalism
- Or pursuing a Certificate in Creative Writing or Technical Writing
- A love to edit…as demonstrated in a personal blog, novel, or well-written creative class project
- Curiosity for marketing
- Alignment with our core values
Your day-to-day activities include a lot of editing content for a wide variety of business leaders and talented professionals.
Plus, you’re doing it in a startup environment named a Best Place To Work three times, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first pages of search results, nationwide). You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Instagram account.
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to edit a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. The on-boarding process will include a healthy dose of SEO foundations to familiarize you with the world of digital marketing.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
The start and end dates of this internship align with the Fall Semester schedule and are flexible during both Fall and Winter. This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12.15 / hour.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter to [email protected]