TECHNICAL SEO SERVICES
Complete management of your search engine setup.
We’re glad you asked, and we’re glad you’re here.
Technical SEO includes the management of elements like Crawling, Indexing, Status Codes, Page Speed, Content, Site Structure, Mobile Usability, SSL, Structured Data, Migrations, and Rendering for websites.
That’s a little overwhelming. In the simplest of definitions, Technical SEO is communication between search engines and humans.
Technical SEO professionals interpret search engine signals, and respond in a way that both search engines and humans comprehend.
What We Analyze + Implement:
- Content Optimizations – Publish and optimize every piece of content for SEO best practices
- XML Sitemap Optimization – Create + submit sitemap for crawling + indexing
- Robots.txt Optimization – Setting + correcting robots.txt file for crawling + indexing
- Image Optimization (File sizes and naming for primary pages)
- Broken Link Repair – Find 404 error pages and implement 301 redirects; Fix outbound broken links; HTTP instances in hyperlinks
- Interlinking – Internal linking using Link Opportunities
- URL Canonicalization – eliminating duplicate content issues
- Account Setup – Google Analytics + Google Search Console
- Monitoring – Google Search Console + Google Analytics
- Browser Caching – improving page speed performance
- Crawl Errors – We fix the crawl errors in Google Search Console > Coverage
- Website Schema – build, validate, and install schema
- Duplicate / Missing Titles & Meta Descriptions – resolution for titles and meta descriptions
- Test contact forms/conversion tracking – to ensure that these leads go through
- Redirect errors/chains
- Image Compression (Compress images to improve site speed)
What We Analyze + Make Recommendations:
- CSS styling
- Plugin Audit + Updates
- Website Migrations
- Server Updates
- Theme Updates
- SSL Certificate Installs
- Website Security
- Server Error Resolutions (500 Errors)
- Server Speed Assessments
- Video Schema
- Website Redesigns or Refreshes
- Website Structure, including content depth
- Security Headers
Here is what the day-to-day looks like:
- Conduct periodic Technical SEO Audits on client websites
- Improve the page speeds for sites using tools like Google Page Speed and GTMetrix
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues on WordPress sites with a handful of pages to tens of thousands of pages
- Research technical issues and make actionable and well-informed recommendations based on your findings
- Retrieve and analyze data from Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Monitor status code errors and implement solutions (like 404 errors to 301 redirects)
- Manage and maintain WPEngine hosting account, including PHP upgrades, plugin optimization, and core files
- Ability to recognize common technical issues and explain their solutions coherently in plain speak, ensuring that clients and teammates understand the recommendations
- Recommend UX improvements across multiple product experiences
- Periodically develop WordPress websites
…technical SEO diagnoses the issue and implements the solution.
Technical SEO can save the day, and prevent the bad stuff from ever happening.
Google Search Console is our primary Technical SEO tool. This tool is our primary two-way communication tool with Google, so it’s kinda important. Same thing for Bing.
Screaming Frog is a beautiful tool that helps us approach Technical SEO in an efficient, prioritized way.
Google Analytics, to help shape the story of a website.
Many, many other tools like GTMetrix, Google Page Speed Checker, YSlow, Pingdom, Ahrefs, Majestic, BrokenLinkChecker, WordPress, Excel, MySQL, cPanel, WPEngine, and hosting platforms.
And, our own SEO audit tool that you can check out.
Short version: put out important fires. Put out all fires. Then, rebuild a strong structure that isn’t as susceptible to fires.
Practically, our Technical SEO best practices range by category. Crawling, Indexing, Page Speed, Site Structure – all categories have their own set of best practices.
However, from a general standpoint, our best practice is around monitoring and regular maintenance. All websites we manage from a technical SEO perspective have a set of checks that are done at least every two weeks.
Beyond that, some of the main areas that are high priority, that can be considered best practice include:
- Https (SSL Certificates)
- Mobile Usability
- Page Speed
- Site Structure
Education is a big part of our employee development programs at Markitors. There are a few areas on the web where you can go to learn about advanced Technical SEO.
- Google Patents
- The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine
- DistilledU Technical SEO Training Course (free)
- TechSEO Boost Conference
- Traffic Think Tank
We also try to stay up to date by reading these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports
Full access. Technical SEO is like going to the doctor’s office, ready to bare it all.
We’ll need access to your Google Search Console & Google Analytics account at a minimum. WordPress admin access and access to your hosting account is also required.
All of that access is necessary so our Technical SEO team can implement solutions and diagnose problems without delay.
It’s not easy to comprehend, or measure the SEO impact of implementing 301 redirects on 123 pages to prevent 404 errors, or quantify the importance of improving mobile page speed from 23 to 56.
But, we try.
We report on all activities we take from an SEO perspective every week. Then, monthly we report on all the SEO results.
Together, these check-ins and reports provide a holistic picture of what’s going on from a Technical SEO perspective. And, we’re here and available to answer or clarify any questions so you can feel comfortable (and value) what we’re doing to help grow your business.
Technical SEO Audit
AUDIT YOUR WEBSITE TO LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE.
HOW WE DO IT
First, we develop a marketing plan based on your business’ challenges and goals.
We take this insight to build the foundation for your digital marketing efforts.
Now that key online assets are built, we bring your brand to life online.
Ready to get started?
YOU FOUND US ON GOOGLE, RIGHT?
Google consistently ranks us as one of the top SEO agencies around.
WE’RE FORBES CONTRIBUTORS
What our clients say
Markitors has grown our website from 0 visits to just over 60,000 monthly visits. Their digital marketing services are very effective in growing your brand online.
Our Founding Team
Markitors is a digital marketing startup located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We connect small businesses with customers…and have a great time doing it. If you Google “digital marketing company,” you’ll find Markitors on the 1st page of search results. We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward.