TECHNICAL SEO SERVICES
Complete management of your search engine setup by technical SEO specialists.
We’re glad you asked, and we’re glad you’re here.
Technical SEO includes the management of elements like crawling, indexing, status codes, page speed, content, site structure, mobile usability, SSL, structured data, migrations, and rendering for websites.
That’s a little overwhelming. In the simplest of definitions, technical SEO is communication between search engines and humans.
Technical SEO professionals interpret search engine signals and other technical elements and then respond in a way that both search engines and humans comprehend. A technical SEO strategy optimizes a website for both on-page and off-page ranking factors so that it’s easy for search engines to understand what the website is about and easy for individuals to find the information they’re looking for. This applies to desktop and mobile versions.
What We Analyze and Implement:
- Content Optimizations – Publish and optimize every piece of content for SEO best practices
- XML Sitemap Optimization – Create + submit XML sitemap files for crawling + indexing
- Robots.txt Optimization – Set and correct robots.txt file for crawling and indexing. A crawl map is a file that tells Google bots which pages on your website should be indexed and how frequently they should be recrawled.
- Image Optimization – Set file sizes and names for primary pages
- Broken Link Repair – Find 404 error pages and implement 301 redirects, fix outbound broken links, address HTTP instances in hyperlinks
- Interlinking – Use link opportunities for internal linking
- URL Canonicalization – Eliminate duplicate content issues and prevent link toxicity
- Account Setup – Utilize Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Monitoring – Utilize Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Browser Caching – Improve page load speed and performance
- Crawl Errors – Fix the crawl errors in Google Search Console > Coverage
- Website Schema > Build, validate, and install schema
- Duplicate / Missing Titles & Meta Descriptions – Find resolutions for titles and meta descriptions
- Test contact forms/conversion tracking – Ensure that leads go through
- Redirect errors/chains – Fix any broken links or website errors
- Image Compression – Compress images to improve site speed. Broken images are a common issue that can be easily fixed with image optimization.
What We Analyze and Make Recommendations:
- CSS styling
- Plugin Audit + Updates
- Website Migrations
- Server Updates
- Theme Updates
- SSL Certificate Installs
- Website Security
- Server Error Resolutions (500 Errors)
- Server Speed Assessments
- Video Schema
- Website Redesigns or Refreshes
- Website Structure, including content depth
- Security Headers
We go beyond the industry standard. Here is what the day-to-day of our technical SEO experts looks like:
- Conduct periodic Technical SEO Audits on client websites
- Improve the page speeds for sites using tools like Google Page Speed and GTMetrix
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues on WordPress sites with a handful of pages to tens of thousands of pages
- Research technical issues and make actionable and well-informed recommendations based on your findings
- Retrieve and analyze data from Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Monitor status code errors and implement solutions (like 404 errors to 301 redirects)
- Manage and maintain WPEngine hosting account, including PHP upgrades, plugin optimization, and core files
- Ability to recognize common technical issues and explain their solutions coherently in plain speak, ensuring that clients and teammates understand the recommendations
- Recommend UX improvements across multiple product experiences
- Periodically develop WordPress websites
Technical SEO diagnoses the issue and implements the solution.
When you think about SEO, the first thing that probably comes to mind is keywords. But if you want your website to rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs), you need to do more than just target the right keywords. You also need to ensure your website is technically sound, with no toxic links or other issues that could hurt your technical performance.
Technical SEO can save the day, and prevent the bad stuff from ever happening.
Google Search Console is our primary Technical SEO tool. This tool is our primary two-way communication tool with Google, so it’s kinda important. It’s the same thing for Bing.
Screaming Frog is a beautiful tool that helps us approach Technical SEO in an efficient, prioritized way.
Google Analytics, to help shape the story of a website.
Many, many other tools like GTMetrix, Google Page Speed Checker, YSlow, Pingdom, Ahrefs, Majestic, BrokenLinkChecker, WordPress, Excel, MySQL, cPanel, WPEngine, and hosting platforms.
At Markitors, we have our own free SEO audit tool that you can check out.
Short version: put out important fires. Put out all fires. Then, rebuild a strong structure that isn’t as susceptible to fires.
Practically, our Technical SEO best practices range by category. Crawling, Indexing, Page Speed, Site Structure — all categories have their own set of best practices.
However, from a general standpoint, our technical SEO specialists are concerned with monitoring and regular maintenance. All websites we manage from a technical SEO perspective have a set of checks that are done at least every two weeks.
Beyond that, some of the main areas that are high priority, that can be considered best practice include:
- Https (SSL Certificates)
- Mobile Usability
- Page Speed
- Site Structure
Education is a big part of our employee development programs at Markitors. There are a few areas on the web where you can go to learn about advanced Technical SEO.
- Google Patents
- The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine
- DistilledU Technical SEO Training Course (free)
- TechSEO Boost Conference
- Traffic Think Tank
We also try to stay up to date by reading these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports.
Full access. Technical SEO is like going to the doctor’s office, so be ready to bare it all.
Our technical SEO team will need access to your Google Search Console & Google Analytics account at a minimum. WordPress admin access and access to your hosting account is also required.
All of that access is necessary so our team can spot technical SEO issues and implement solutions and diagnose problems without delay.
It’s not easy to comprehend or measure the SEO impact of implementing 301 redirects on 123 pages to prevent 404 errors, or quantify the importance of improving mobile page speed from 23 to 56.
But, we try.
We report on all activities we take from an SEO perspective every week. Then, monthly, we report on all the SEO results.
Together, these check-ins and reports provide a holistic picture of what’s going on from a Technical SEO perspective. And, we’re here and available to answer or clarify any questions so you can feel comfortable (and value) what we’re doing to help grow your business.
Technical SEO Audit
AUDIT YOUR WEBSITE TO LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE.
How We Do It
First, we develop a marketing plan based on your business’ challenges and goals.
We take this insight to build the foundation for your SEO efforts.
Now that key online assets are built, we bring your brand to life online.
Ready to get started?
YOU FOUND US ON GOOGLE, RIGHT?
Google consistently ranks us as one of the top digital marketing agencies specializing in technical SEO services.
WE’RE FORBES CONTRIBUTORS
What our clients say
Markitors has grown our website from 0 visits to just over 60,000 monthly visits. Their digital marketing services are very effective in growing your brand online.
Our Founding Team
Markitors is an SEO startup located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We connect small businesses with customers — and have a great time doing it. If you Google “small business SEO,” you’ll find Markitors on the first page of search results. We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward.