Email List Management Services
Effectively manage your list with our email list management services.
Email list management keeps your lists clean and your content relevant to your subscribers.
The analogy we like to use is around random Facebook friend or LinkedIn connection requests. How often does this happen:
You get a Facebook friend or Linkedin connection request from someone you don’t know. You accept.
Then, you begin seeing updates in your news feed of what this person had for lunch.
All too often.
What does this have to do with managing your email list?
Just like you don’t care about what a stranger you randomly accepted as a friend had for lunch, your subscribers may not care about your content.
That’s where effective email list management comes in. It simply puts subscribers in the right place so that you can send them the right content.
There’s three areas that email list management services focus on: List Permission, List Management, and Content. Let’s look at best practices for each area.
Permission based email marketing is the way to go. Period.
No one loves getting more email, and people definitely don’t like getting what they consider to be spam.
List permission really has three simple ways to ensure you have permission to send email.
- All email subscribers need to opt-in. This means no lists that are bought or scraped should be used – even if the list of recipients is within your industry. Sending to subscribers who haven’t opted in to your list leads to high bounce rates and spam reports – it can even get your domain blacklisted.
- The six-month window. Permission to be marketed to via email usually goes stale after six months. If a subscriber hasn’t opened an email in six months, it may be time to send them to re-opt them back into the list.
- Double opt-in. Many sign up forms today use double-opt in – signing up and then confirming your subscription via email – to complete the sign up process. This is a good idea to decrease bounce rates (think about web visitors who give you a fake email just to get a discount) and spam traps on email providers.
Email List Management
Email list management is an ongoing process to ensure delivery.
Here’s three ways to effectively manage your list.
- Make sure the list import worked. The easiest and most simple step is to upload your email list and make sure that each section is appropriately labeled (Email Address, Name, Zip Code, etc.). This will help you send the right emails to the right people.
- Clean up the unsubscribes and bounces. Not only will cleaning your list improve your marketing results, but it will also cost you less money to send.
- Unsubscribe, don’t delete. Deleting an email address that wants to unsubscribe from your list will be completely removed from your list. This means that if you accidentally re-import their address, they’ll receive your emails again and will be quite pissed. Unsubscribing them will prevent emails from being sent to them, and will keep them from being reimported.
Relevant email content and effective delivery are the two most important elements to email marketing. Here are three tips to ensure that your email content gets seen by the right people.
- Email list segmentation. Segmentation is the first step to show that you care about subscribers. You’re not emailing just to blast them with the latest product news. Instead, you’ve given thought about who they are as a person as well as what content they would like to receive from you. If you haven’t segmented your email list, don’t worry. There’s plenty of ways to segment, including by subscriber activity, customer activity and other methods you can define.
- Meet the requirements. Spam laws require that your postal address, an unsubscribe link and a list permission reminder be included on every email you send. Make sure to include these.
- Include an update profile link. You can do all you can to define a subscriber, but ultimately, subscribers can best define themselves. Including an update profile link enables subscribers to subscribe to the content they want to receive.
Yes, we do email list management for nonprofits because they are often the customers who need list management the most.
Most nonprofits come to us looking for a MailChimp expert who can help with list clean-up, management and automation, template creation, and then ongoing project support as needed.
They will have several different lists and send 1-2 campaigns per week on average. Their most immediate need is cleaning up and segmentation of lists. Then templates, then ongoing support.
We’ll get in the account and clean up the lists.
We’re MailChimp experts. We know and love MailChimp. We know MailChimp so well that we don’t want to waste our time with other email platforms.
1. Reduced costs. MailChimp charges customers based on the number of subscribers in their account. Having one subscriber on multiple lists will result in increased costs. Cleaning up the duplicate subscribers will reduce the overall costs.
2. Improved conversions. Sending relevant content results in more engagement. More engagement results in more conversions. By segmenting your email list, you’re able to send more relevant content.
3.Better sleep. Seriously. Many customers come to us after having hired a freelancer and experiencing too many errors with the project. It is painful to go through a couple months with someone only to discover the errors and have it affect your customer communications. We have the expertise to make sure things will be done correctly.
1. MailChimp Expert for 6 years
2. There’s not a lot we haven’t seen, from working with the Saudi Arabian government to helping local furniture shops get going on MailChimp
3. We’re most likely currently working on reorganization projects now similar to yours
Here’s an article we wrote for Forbes about our approach to email: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2017/02/09/how-to-send-company-emails-your-subscribers-will-want-to-open/#28f1e6b71ade
Let’s have a phone call to discuss? 602-910-1214
Our email list management services. Contact us, and stop wasting your time (and potentially sending duplicate emails to your subscribers).
Cleaning email lists is always a real pain. 🙂
Our standard list clean up runs $1,500. We will, however, provide you with a custom quote after having a conversation around the project scope.
1. We’ll send you an agreement.
2. We’ll send you an invoice based on the project.
3. Please grant [email protected] with Admin access to your MailChimp account using these instructions. Admin access will be necessary so that we can export and import lists to clean up the account.
4. Once we have access, we’ll go into the account and take a look around.
5. Once we have a look around, we’ll have a call to go over our recommendations. On this call we’ll request your sign off for our recommended approach.
6. Once we have your sign off, we’ll begin cleaning up the lists, and assist with getting your automation sequences activated.
7. Once we clean the lists and activate the automations, we’ll share with you for feedback.
8. You’ll have two rounds of revisions for each aspect of the project before the project is finalized.
9. That’s it! We can then discuss what it would look like for our team to manage your email marketing efforts, or your team will have everything it needs to get rolling!
How We Do It
Ready to get started?
Fun Facts About Us
We're Mailchimp Experts
We’ve been MailChimp experts for 7+ years. There’s not a lot we haven’t seen when it comes to email marketing.
We’re Forbes and HuffPost Contributors
What Our Clients Say
Our Founding Team
Markitors is a digital marketing startup located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We connect small businesses with customers…and have a great time doing it. If you Google “digital marketing company,” you’ll find Markitors on the 1st page of search results. We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward.