Markitors moves small businesses forward online. We are looking to offer summer digital marketing internships to college seniors graduating in December 2017 and college juniors graduating in May 2018.
Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide. We are a 5-person startup in Old Town Scottsdale that moves small businesses forward online.
Now, for the details.
We are offering for a Digital Marketing Internships for summer.
Our Digital Marketing Managers manage the online marketing efforts for a variety of small businesses. As a summer intern, you will work side by side with a Digital Marketing Manager. You will support the monthly management of SEO, Pay Per Click Advertising, Email Marketing and Social Media to achieve our clients’ objectives.
It’s a hands on internship at a unique startup that you won’t find anywhere else. It’s a marketing internship where you will do real marketing – you will not be doing any outbound sales or any of that nonsense.
- Assist in managing the online marketing efforts for a variety of small businesses you’ve most likely never heard of
- Assist in writing a high volume of SEO-optimized blog posts to drive organic search traffic
- Assist in posting quality social media updates on platforms ranging from Facebook to Flickr, LinkedIn to Reddit
- Assist in the customization of email campaigns in MailChimp
- Assist in managing paid Facebook and Twitter advertising campaigns
- Move the needle
What Good Looks Like (in no particular order):
- GPA is 3.8 or higher
- Can work out of our Scottsdale office 20 hours per week
- Comfort with any writing assignment, from 800-word blog posts to 140-character tweets to writing an email
- When you make a list, you check it twice for accuracy
- Spreadsheets don’t make you want to vomit
- You are majoring in (or could have majored in) in Journalism, English, Marketing or Accounting
- You are graduating from an Honors college, or have received significant honors from a college
- You’re curious about how SEO, Pay Per Click, Social Media and Email Campaigns really work
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Not about that corporate life. We have a blast working as a small-team startup!
- Get paid $10 / hour
- Nice office in Old Town with good people and scenic views
- You can wear what makes you feel comfortable — you don’t have to sport that suit & tie or those heels. (Again, not about that corporate life.)
Our goal is to have a holiday party with 30 employees in 2018. We are only offering internships to people we can picture being a part of that holiday party.
1. Create an imaginary dream client for yourself.
2. Write a 500 word blog post for your client.
3. Write 2 social media status updates 140 characters or less to promote your blog post.
4. Send email@example.com your writing sample and a resume.