PPC AUDIT SERVICE
An independent evaluation of your paid advertising performance.
A PPC audit is an analysis of critical components that can impact a company’s paid advertising results.
Markitors aggregates all of the top PPC audit and analysis tools to evaluate critical PPC advertising components in order to deliver a prioritized action plan to help a company improve their PPC efforts.
Here are the critical components that we evaluate in a PPC audit and AdWords review:
- Advertising Research: Uncover competitors’ best keywords, ad strategies and budget.
- Keyword Research: Find the right keywords, get long-tail keywords, gather phrase matches.
- Quality Score: How your Quality Score is impacting rankings and costs.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): Factors impacting your CTR results so you don’t lose ground to competitors.
- Ad Text Optimization: How your ad text impacts impressions, clicks, CTR and ad ranking.
- Landing Page Optimization: Analysis of the user experience once they click on an ad.
- Wasted Spend: Identify irrelevant keywords that don’t convert.
- Account Activity: Best practices within your PPC account to see better success.
- Budget: Maximize opportunity and minimize waste with the right budget amount.
- Tracking: What’s right or wrong with your conversion tracking.
This article we wrote in Huffington Post goes into detail around these questions.
Here are some additional PPC audit questions we ask ourselves during the process:
- Is conversion tracking enabled?
- Are remarketing audiences enabled?
- Which campaigns have the highest and lowest conversions?
- Does the company utilize call tracking?
- Which campaigns are resulting in high, average, and low Quality Scores?
- Are campaigns with high quality scores translating to high conversions?
- Are the landing pages relevant to the ads?
- Are they using multiple ad groups to target different keywords?
- What are the commonalities within the content for campaigns with the highest click through rates?
- Are CTRs below 2%?
- What does mobile ad performance tell us about conversions?
- Does the account manager frequently log in to make changes?
- How do landing pages appear on mobile devices?
- How many negative keywords have been added to ad groups?
- Are ads being A/B tested?
- Is the overall budget being utilized?
- Do any keywords have low search volume?
- Does Google have any good suggestions that should be implemented?
Those are just a few of the questions we look to answer in a PPC marketing audit and AdWords review.
Sure. Here’s a PPC audit example.
For example, financial advisors fight over some of the most expensive PPC advertising keywords around.
Just take a look at some of these stats from the SEO keyword research tool, Ahrefs:
- “Financial advisor”: $20.00 per click with 15% of clicks on paid ads.
- “Financial advisor near me’: $25.00 per click with 18% of clicks on paid ads.
- “Financial planning”: $20.00 per click with only 7% of clicks on paid ads.
It’s not just financial advisors who are fighting for expensive keywords either. Much of the financial services industry faces stiff competition.
Private lenders for small businesses for example, pay an incredible $45.00 per click to advertise under the “small business loans” keyword. Although in that case, at least 31% of traffic is clicking on paid ads.
Still, to put it simply, pay-per-click advertising is expensive. And as you can see above, the majority of traffic still doesn’t click on paid ads. That illustrates the value of having a position in organic search results if you want consistent traffic.
SEO for the financial industry can help build your position in SERPs and reduce your pay-per-click budget along the way.
1. We hate to see money be wasted (Google & Facebook are rich for a reason).
2. We like to help companies improve.
3. We enjoy doing PPC audits more than financial audits.
Our story is that we were financial auditors, skilled and trained to identify inaccuracies in financial documents. This training produced an innate ability to quickly recognize where companies were missing the mark.
We decided to apply these auditing skills to PPC, and quickly found out that we were good at it. Specifically, we were really good at auditing competitor marketing efforts, reverse engineering their success, and identifying opportunities for our clients to capitalize.
We offer PPC audits because companies find a lot of value in our service, and we enjoy helping businesses succeed online.
Our independent PPC audits typically cost $2,500 and have a turnaround time of 2-3 weeks.
Aggregated SEO Audit Tools
Markitors aggregates results from the top PPC auditing tools into one concise PPC site audit.
Prioritized Action Items
Markitors organizes your action items into high, medium and low priorities so you know where to focus first.
The end deliverables of an audit are a PDF report, supporting statistical documents and a GoToMeeting presentation to answer your questions.
From the time we get access to your account, you can expect the PPC audit to be complete within 2-3 weeks.
1. We’re Google Partners. We’ve completed more than 100 PPC projects for companies on 4 continents over the span of 6 years. There’s not a lot we haven’t seen when it comes to paid advertising.
2. We’re former financial auditors. We know how to audit and identify areas of weakness.
3. We’re independent auditors, meaning that we can give it to you straight without having to worry about signing you as a client. This is a one-time transaction with a lot of truth behind it.
Our typical turnaround time on a email marketing audit is 2-3 weeks.
Our process includes a kick-off call to learn your marketing objectives. Then we audit. Then we deliver our findings in a PDF report and a presentation to the team to ensure complete clarity on our recommendations.
How We Do It
Ready to get started?
Fun Facts About Us
Need an Adwords Expert?
What Our Clients Say
Our Founding Team
Markitors is a digital marketing startup located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. We connect small businesses with customers…and have a great time doing it. If you Google “digital marketing company,” you’ll find Markitors on the 1st page of search results. We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward.