Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a small startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a helicopter company in Hawaii to an education company in Scottsdale to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Technical SEO Intern.
You have a basic understanding of HTML and WordPress. You possess a curiosity as to how SEO works.
Welcome to our Technical SEO internship, where for a full spring or summer you’ll be learning the ins and outs of SEO at a digital marketing company that ranks on the first page of Google search results for the term, “digital marketing company.”
This Technical SEO internship is hands-on, where you’ll be working in tandem with our Technical SEO Director.
Let’s just cut to the chase. Here’s what an average day to day looks like:
- Conducting Technical SEO audits for home and primary pages of our clients
- Analyzing Google Search Console for trends, opportunities, and immediate fixes
- Improving site speed, which includes tactics like image optimization, plugin removal, server maintenance, and other stuff we try out
- Executing internal link building strategies to help raise the visibility of our clients
- Confirming access to Google Properties
- Diagnosing and researching and indexing or crawling issues…preferably in a proactive way
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the specifics on what you’ll be managing and are comfortable with:
- HTML: You should be able to read, edit, and write pages in basic HTML
- WordPress: Most of our clients are on WordPress. You should have a basic understanding and a familiarity with the WordPress platform
- Detail Oriented: You can edit, follow a process, navigate a project management software, and do just about anything if given the right direction
Your day-to-day activities includes applying elements of the items above to support our teams for a wide variety of clients.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to analyze a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12 per hour.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]