Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Technical SEO Intern.
You have a basic understanding of HTML and WordPress. You possess a curiosity as to how SEO works.
Welcome to our Technical SEO internship, where for a full spring or summer you’ll be learning the ins and outs of SEO at a digital marketing company that ranks on the first page of Google search results for the term, “digital marketing company.”
This Technical SEO internship is hands-on, where you’ll be working in tandem with our Technical SEO Director.
Let’s just cut to the chase. Here’s what an average day to day looks like:
- Publish blog posts and landing pages to various CMS systems like WordPress, SquareSpace, Shopify, and more
- Optimize images and content for SEO (search engine optimization)
- Conduct Technical SEO audits for home and primary pages of our clients
- Analyze Google Search Console for trends, opportunities, and immediate fixes
- Improve site speed, which includes tactics like image optimization
- Execute internal link building strategies to help raise the visibility of our clients
- Confirm access to Google Properties
- Diagnose and research website indexing or crawling issues
Your day-to-day activities includes applying elements of the items above to support our teams for a wide variety of clients.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work three years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to analyze a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12.15 per hour.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]