How do you create a movie marketing strategy to bring a modern day silent film to life on social media?
Markitors movie marketing strategy approach:
Faces In The Mirror is a film that, in the words of Reader’s Digest, “sings.” Markitors was tasked with developing and managing all the online marketing initiatives for the film, starting two months before it’s release.
Markitors quickly had to get to the core of what would move people to become interested in the film. In order to develop a movie marketing strategy and subsequently manage our strategy, we did the following:
- Conducted a comprehensive evaluation of similar movies (Moonrise Kingdom and The Artist) and their social media marketing strategies
- Developed the online voice for a silent film (Feel something that’s really real)
- Determined what the movie was really selling (Emotion)
- Created a weekly content schedule with ten creative ideas that reflect Faces In The Mirror’s digital strategy (Including bringing the main character to life on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.)
- Initiated a digital advertising strategy that would support the digital marketing strategy (Ran Facebook ads in multiple markets to promote one night screenings.)
Once Markitors assumed responsibilities for executing the movie marketing strategy, Faces In The Mirror accomplished the following:
- The film was one of the most popular Indie films on iTunes for the first two weekends after it’s online release.
- Faces In The Mirror screened in more than 15 different cities to sold out theaters
- Made more than 1M impressions on Facebook
From Our Client:
I don’t know where to begin to thank Markitors. They’re brilliant and have been a crucial element to this effort of bringing Faces In The Mirror to market.
To learn more about creating a movie marketing strategy, like Markitors on Facebook. Or, contact us at 602.910.1214.