Reporting is a critical element to achieving success with SEO. Since Google says SEO can take 4-12 months to see results, analyzing trends through data provides clarity on the progress being made.
With that said, a common question our sales team receives at Markitors is, “what’s your reporting structure?” This blog is meant to provide some transparency around our reporting and our process.
A few things to note about our reporting:
- All reports are “highly human.” We never use automation. Everything is handcrafted by our Client Services team to ensure we don’t miss a thing in our analysis. Emojis make periodic appearances in reports.
- We report monthly. Since search engine results can fluctuate, monthly reports are a more accurate analysis of trends that are taking place.
- We check in weekly. Our weekly activity summaries ensure that we’re on the same page in terms of progress being made.
Let’s dive into examples of the reports you would receive if you were a Markitors customer.
Here is an example of a typical monthly report you would receive from Markitors. This report would arrive via email every 30 days, and can be discussed over a meeting as well.
Subject Line: CLIENT Monthly Report: MONTH
Happy Friday Everyone
I hope you are doing well! I am checking in with a report on CLIENT NAME’s SEO performance over the last month.
// Over the last month, when compared to the previous period, we have seen a 43.07% increase in Total Clicks
– I have attached a screenshot of the keywords that have grown the most substantially over this time period. As you can see there are lots of keywords that we have grown relevance for through our SEO articles (i.e. KEYWORD, KEYWORD, KEYWORD, KEYWORD, etc.)
// Over the last month, we have also seen a 38.49% increase in Total Impressions!
– I have attached another screenshot that outlines the keywords that have grown the most over the last month. Here, you can see great growth around “KEYWORD”, “KEYWORD”. “KEYWORD”, and etc.
// Over the same time period, we have seen a 38.76% increase in Organic Search Traffic (6,802 vs. 4,902 users)
– Within this segment, we have also seen a 40.85% increase in new users (6,534 vs. 4,639 users)!
// So basically, you are killing it
// #1 average position for the term “KEYWORD”
// #2 average position for the term “KEYWORD” (up 2 spots)
// #6 average position for the term “KEYWORD”
// #8 average position for the term “KEYWORD”
// #10 average position for the term “KEYWORD” (up 44 spots)
// #11 average position for the term “KEYWORD”
// #13 average position for the term “KEYWORD” (up 1 spot)
// #16 average position for the term “KEYWORD”
// #22 average position for the term “KEYWORD” (up 6 spots)
// Best Recruiting Tips For Small Business Owners
– Domain Rating: 89
– Anchor Text: COMPANY NAME
// 4 Ways to Develop an Effective Team and Boost Performance
– Domain Rating: 55
– Anchor Text: KEYWORD
That wraps up this report! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am happy to help you in any way I can. Thank you for being such an amazing client, and I hope you have a great week!
Here is an example of a typical weekly check-in you would receive from Markitors. This activity summary would arrive via email every 7 days, and is meant to provide you with an update on our weekly progress.
Subject Line: CLIENT Weekly Check-In (MONTH/DAY – MONTH/DAY)
I hope you all have had a great week! I am checking in with a recap of my team’s activities over the last 7 days.
// Top 5 Hoyer Lifts For Home Use
Content – Approval Needed:
// Top 5 Patient Lift Belts for a Transfer
– Please let me know if you have any edits or changes you would like us to make!
// Ahrefs Audit
– Health Score: 99% (increased by 13%)
Meta description tag missing or empty: 71 affected URLs. Most of these URLs are employee/team pages. We added meta descriptions to these pages, and deleted and redirected theme template pages.
// Analyzed Google Search Console (Performance)
– Comparing the last 3 months to the previous 3 months, total clicks increased from 2.49k to 3.48k, and total impressions increased from 296k to 393k. The average CTR increased from 0.8% to 0.9%. The average position went up from 39.2 to 37.9.
// Analyzed Google Search Console (Crawling)
– No coverage errors found
// Improved Site Speed
– Mobile: 41 (Increased by 14 points)
– Desktop: 60 (Increased by 5 points)
That wraps up this check-in! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am always happy to help.
Have a great weekend,
Other Reporting Notes
As you can see, we go to great lengths to ensure our customers receive proper communication.
There may be a few other questions that you have about our reports, and reporting structure. Here are a few other notes to consider about our reports.
- Monthly reports are emailed, with a client option to discuss over a video meeting, in-person meeting, or phone call
- We rely on Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Ahrefs to compile reports
- Reports and Activity Check-Ins are great ways to collaborate. We rely on your insight as much as you rely on our insight to help move your company forward online.
Any other questions? Please contact us using LiveChat, or our contact form.