Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a small startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a search firm in Tempe to a helicopter company in Hawaii to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate.
The sole responsibility of a Business Development Associate is to generate the right kind of business for Markitors.
You manage initial consultations with prospective clients, conduct SEO audits for qualified clients, and help small businesses understand if Markitors is the right fit for their business.
- Reply to inbound leads within the hour (Markitors ranks for the term “digital marketing company” nationwide)
- Manage initial consultations with prospective clients
- Prepare sales presentations by conducting preliminary SEO audits
- Manage LiveChat on Markitors.com
- Prospect new clients using tools like Ahrefs, BuiltWith, and more
- Set appointments by initiating new conversations with prospective clients
- Be the “gatekeeper” to our culture (clients are part of our fabric…and you’re responsible for determining who is a good fit)
- Be brutally honest on whether we can help advance a small business
Specifically, you are comfortable talking about:
- Search Engines: How Search Engines Work, Indexing, Ranking, Advanced Searches
- Content: Page Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, Blog Posts, Landing Pages
- Technical SEO: Page Speed, Site Audits, Domain Migrations, Mobile Optimization, Sitemaps, 3XX, 4XX, 5XX codes
- Keywords: Search Volume, Difficulty Score, Cost Per Click, Click Rate, Search Positions
- Analysis: Competitor Analysis, Backlink Trends, Organic Search Trends
- Links: DoFollow, NoFollow, Internal, External, Broken, Reclamation, Toxic
- Domains: Domain Rating, Referring Domains, Backlinks, Ahrefs Rank
- Value: Conversion Rates, Leads, PPC Spend, Organic Traffic Value, Strategy
Your day-to-day activities includes the management of hitting key metrics (Conversations, Sales Meetings, Proposals) each day to drive our business forward.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
Tools you’ll use:
- Google Slides
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and a quantitative view on the world. A marketing degree with a passion for small business will put your resume at the top of the list.
Bonus points if you continuously grow your knowledge by doing things like:
- Geeking out on Google Patents
- Staying up to date on any of these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a full-time salaried position with a starting salary of $50,000.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]