Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a small startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a helicopter company in Hawaii to a consulting company in London to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
4. We sit in Herman Miller Aeron chairs.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Content Editor.
The sole responsibility of a Content Editor is to proofread, edit, and put the finishing touches on every piece of content our agency produces.
Content producers love having you on the team. Clients give you props for brand consistency. The Yoast plugin and Flesch Reading Ease tests always look a little bit better after you spend time with content. Readers don’t know you exist because your content looks flawless.
What’s a day to day look like? Here it is.
- Proofread, re-structure, and edit blog posts and landing pages produced by SEO Content Managers
- Assist Director of SEO in reviewing client facing strategy spreadsheets
- Work hand-in-hand with our Client Services team to review and implement client revisions
- Proofread and edit social media content like news feed updates and advertisements
- Assist Digital PR team with reviewing external content like guest posts, infographics, interviews, and expert roundups
- Ensure content is fully optimized for SEO in WordPress, according to Yoast
- Address any post-publish issues, including formatting and spacing
- Click “Publish”
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the specifics on what you’ll be managing and are comfortable with:
- Search Engines: How Search Engines Work, Indexing, Ranking, Advanced Searches
- Content Types: Blog Posts, Landing Pages, Guest Posting, Images, Infographics, Guides, Podcasts, Expert Roundups, Interviews
- SEO Copywriting: Flesch Reading Ease, Sentence Length, Paragraph Length, Passive Voice, Consecutive Sentences, Subheading Distribution, Transition Words, Tone, Voice, Purpose
- Metadata Writing: Page Titles, Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, Call-To-Action, ALT Tags
- Keywords: Long-Tail, Medium Tail, Short-Tail, Short-Term Fresh, Long-Term Evergreen, Product Defining, Customer Defining, Geo-Targeting, Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), Informational, Commercial, Transactional, Ahrefs
- Content Optimization: Duplicate Content, Thin Content, Stale Content
- Conversion Rate Optimization: Call To Action, A/B testing, Pop Ups, Marketing Funnel
- WordPress: Yoast, Widgets, Plugins, Interface, Sidebar
- HTML: Headings, Paragraphs, Styles, Page Structure, Tables, Hyperlinks, Lists, Forms, Images
- CSS: Images, Font, Text, Color, Boxes, Borders, Margins, Padding,
Your day-to-day activities includes applying elements of the items above to assist our teams in creating compelling content for a wide variety of clients.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to edit and understand a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. A English Literature degree with an emphasis on marketing and experience in Education will put your resume at the top of the list, but is not required.
Bonus points if you continuously grow your knowledge by doing things like:
- Maintaining a personal website
- Geeking out on Google Patents
- Staying up to date on any of these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
Apply by sending your resume and grammatically flawless cover letter to [email protected].