You’re Brilliant. We’re Hiring.
Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We connect small businesses with customers…and have a great time doing it!
3. Our clients range from an RV Rental company headquartered in Mesa to an online eyelash extension supply company in Phoenix to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Content Writer.
The primary responsibility of a Content Writer is to execute carefully crafted SEO optimized content strategies that drive results for small businesses.
Audiences reach the end of your pages without any effort. You write fast and intuitively for search engine users. You skillfully weave target keywords into informative articles that match searcher intent. Your content gives readers the answers they came for.
What’s a day to day look like? Here it is.
- Create copy for digital content like blog posts and landing pages
- Produce informative premium content like ultimate guides and long-form blog posts
- Edit all content from external writers before publishing to maintain quality and SEO best practices
- Enhance SEO content through competitor research, understanding search intent, and web writing tactics
- Read up on the latest trends to continuously innovate on the types of content we create
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, English, or Journalism
- Love to write…as demonstrated in past work experience, a personal blog, completed novel, or well-written thesis/creative project
- Working knowledge of SEO and best SEO practices when writing
- Solid understanding of business
- Demonstrated ability to research and write about virtually any small business and topic (as evidenced in a portfolio) and capture the voice of different brands through your writing.
- Curiosity around marketing
- Can write quality, well-researched content and has the ability to grasp a topic and understand a business
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and other CMSs like Squarespace, Wix, and Shopify
- Can write quality, well-researched content fast – not just in words per minute, but in the ability to grasp a topic and understand a business
- Alignment with our core values
Your day-to-day activities include a lot of writing and creating content for a wide variety of clients. You’ll also work alongside our talented and supportive content team who is here to help you find your footing at Markitors.
And, you’re doing it at a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide). You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Instagram account.
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to write about a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a full-time salaried position starting at $38,000 annually.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and writing samples (the longer, the better) to [email protected]