We are looking for a Director of SEO Content.
The sole responsibility of a Director of SEO Content is to carefully craft content strategies and ensure your team flawlessly executes your vision to drive results for small businesses.
Data helps drive your decisions. You edit fast and provide feedback that elevates your team. Clients trust your direction and guidance. Content creators understand your synopses. Deadlines get met through innovation, can-do-itness, and attention to detail.
In short, content starts and stops with you. You take ownership of all SEO content our agency creates.
What’s a day to day look like? Here it is.
- Create data-driven SEO content strategies with tools like Ahrefs and Google Search Console
- Build out and add SEO content ideas into Asana, our project management platform
- Assign content creation tasks to both internal and external content creators
- Devise strategies that combine Content and digital PR efforts
- Manage an internal content creation team by evaluating workloads in Agile Kanban boards, running weekly status meetings, and conducting monthly one-on-one reviews
- Conduct keyword research to create page titles and meta descriptions during client kick-offs & periodic SEO audits
- Audit competitors to identify content gaps and opportunities
- Audit client sites to identify opportunities ranging from internal link improvements to new content ideas
- Analyze Google Analytics & Google Search Console to identify what’s working, and what’s not
- Assist client communications team on monthly reporting calls and/or weekly check-ins
- Read up on the latest trends to continuously innovate on the types of content we create
- If a client agreement is falling short and your team is behind, you are able to find a way to get the content created…even if that means creating the content yourself
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the specifics on what you’ll be managing and are comfortable with:
- Search Engines: How Search Engines Work, Indexing, Ranking, Advanced Searches
- Headlines: Headlines That Convert, Word Balance, Character Length
- People Management: Employees, Clients
- SEO Copy Editing: Flesch Reading Ease, Sentence Length, Paragraph Length, Passive Voice, Consecutive Sentences, Subheading Distribution, Transition Words
- Metadata Writing: Page Titles, Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, Call-To-Action, ALT Tags, URL Slugs
- Keywords: Long-Tail Keywords for small businesses
- Local: Landing Pages, NAP, Reviews, Google My Business, On & Off Page Signals
- Brand: Tone, Voice, Image, Color, Purpose
- Content Types: Blog Posts, Landing Pages, Images, Infographics, Guides
- Content Optimization: Long-Tail Keywords, Duplicate Content, Thin Content, Stale Content
- Links: Internal Links, URLs, Pingbacks, NoIndex, NoFollow
- Conversion Rate Optimization: Call To Action, A/B testing, Pop Ups, Marketing Funnel, Date Refresh
- Tools: Asana, Harvest, Google Apps, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Canva, Google Trends
- WordPress: Yoast, RankMath, Blog Posts, Landing Pages, Sidebar
You’re doing all this in a startup environment named a Best Place To Work three years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to set a vision based on expertise, and lead a team to execute on your vision. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. 5 years of experience in SEO is preferrable. A journalism degree with an emphasis on marketing will put your resume at the top of the list, but is not required.
Bonus points if you continuously grow your knowledge by doing things like:
- Maintaining a personal website
- Geeking out on Google Patents
- Staying up to date on any of these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected].