We’re looking for a Freelance Content Writer.
Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a collection of dedicated digital marketing professionals that is entirely Arizona-based.
3. Our clients are small businesses. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Freelance Content Writer.
The sole responsibility of a Freelance Content Writer is to execute carefully crafted content strategies that drive results for small businesses.
Audiences reach the end of your pages without any effort. You write fast and rank high. Gut feeling takes a backseat to structured text. Readers are attracted to the topics you choose, and keywords you use.
What’s a typical assignment look like? Here it is.
- Receive freelance writing assignment via Asana, our in-house project management system
- Get onboarded to our client businesses, including target persona, products, and points of differentiation
- Learn about client brand distinctions including tone and voice
- Review content briefs, including synopsis, target keywords, and outlines
- Research content topics and client industries
- Create content like blog posts and landing pages that are 800-1500 words
- Optimize content for readability using tools like Hemingway and Grammarly
- Format content for SEO using best practices like internal linking, external linking, header tags, and formatting
- Edit all content according to editor and client feedback before publishing to maintain quality
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Received (or are pursuing) Bachelors Degree in Business or Journalism
- Love to write…as demonstrated in a portfolio, personal blog, or well-written thesis/creative project
- Solid understanding of business
- Demonstrated ability to write about virtually any small business (as evidenced in a portfolio), industry, or topic
- Curiosity around marketing
- Strong attention to detail to produce a publish-ready draft
- Serious Google sleuthing abilities to research and convincing write as an expert on any topic
- Alignment with our core values
Your assignment activities includes a lot of writing and creating content for a wide variety of clients.
And, you’re doing it with a SEO company named a Best Place To Work three years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide). You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Instagram account.
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to write about a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a freelance / contractor position with assignments starting at $50 / article.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and writing samples (the longer, the better) to [email protected]