Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a 12-person startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a fine rug company in Scottsdale to a helicopter company in Hawaii to a consulting company in London to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for a Digital PR Manager.
The sole responsibility of a Digital PR Manager is to optimize a brand’s digital footprint.
You drive brand awareness, secure strategic online placements, forge relationships with media influencers, increase brand mentions, and achieve monthly backlink goals.
All to give small businesses and small teams more visibility online.
- Develop deep relationships with digital influencers, content marketing managers, and website owners through email and social media platforms like Twitter & LinkedIn
- Build media lists with attentiveness to site credibility, page relevance, and site overlap
- Conduct extensive backlink audits of clients and competitors to identify placement opportunities
- Work with Director of SEO to create content once placement opportunities are secured
- Distinguish good and bad placement opportunities with the help of SEO tools like Ahrefs and Majestic
- Manage a team of freelancers to ensure client deliverables are met in Asana, our project management platform
- Recruit freelancers to assist with Digital PR opportunities
- Monitor keyword alerts and conduct timely outreach to increase referral traffic and external links to client websites
- Evaluate and reply to HARO opportunities for timely and relevant placements
- Execute periodic digital promotion campaigns using email marketing, social media, and paid ads to reach the right influencers
- Identify and submit to profiles, directories, Wikipedia pages, and PR submission sites to increase client brand awareness
- Read up on the latest trends to continuously innovate on the types of ways we promote our clients
Specifically, you are managing and are comfortable with:
- Search Engines: How Search Engines Work, Indexing, Ranking, Advanced Searches
- Relationship Building: Link Creators, Content Marketing Managers, Freelance Journalists, and Digital Influencers
- Media List Building: Site Credibility, Backlink Analysis, Site Overlap, Site Authority, Page Relevance
- Monitoring: Unlinked Mentions, HARO, Social Mentions, Competitor Mentions, New Backlinks, Brand Misspellings, Reverse Image Search, Q&A Sites
- Freelancer Management: TrustFlow, CitationFlow, Topical TrustFlow, Domain Rating, URL Rating, IP Checks, Sponsored Content
- Promotion: Social Media Ads, Email Campaigns, Internal Links, Retargeting Ads
- Analysis: Competitor Analysis, Backlink Trends, Organic Search Trends
- Links: DoFollow, NoFollow, Internal, External, Broken, Reclamation, Toxic
- Submissions: Profiles, Directories, Wikipedia
- Social: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Slideshare, Scoop.it, Quora, Reddit
Your day-to-day activities includes the management of these Digital PR aspects for specific clients.
And, you’re doing it a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
Tools you’ll use:
- Google Sheets
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Ads
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and a quantitative view on the world. A journalism degree with an emphasis on public relations will put your resume at the top of the list, but is not required.
Bonus points if you continuously grow your knowledge by doing things like:
- Reading about Link Building Strategies
- Geeking out on Google Patents
- Staying up to date on any of these outlets: Google Webmaster Central Blog, Google Research Blog, Google’s Blog, Bing Search Blog, Moz’s Blog, Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Journal, The SEM Post, SEMrush Blog, Search Engine Land, SEO Skeptic by Aaron Bradley, SEO by the Sea by Bill Slawski, Deep Crawl’s Webmaster Hangout Notes, Merkle’s Digital Marketing Reports
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
This is a full-time salaried position with a salary range between $35,000 – $55,000 annually, depending on criteria outlined in our internal Level System.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com