Our Mission: to connect small businesses with customers…and to have a good time doing it.
- You Are Unique: Respect the uniqueness of every human being.
- Always Fresh, Always Thrilling: Innovate to keep things exciting.
- Bias For Action: When in doubt, do what you think is right.
- Ownership: Deliver on all promises.
- Strength In Numbers: Use data to help make decisions.
1. Google “digital marketing company,” and Markitors is on the first page nationwide.
2. We are a small startup in Old Town Scottsdale, located in the heart of Civic Center Park.
3. Our clients range from a helicopter company in Hawaii to an education company in Scottsdale to a print company in Nashville. We have clients all over the world in all different types of industries.
Now, for the details.
We are looking for an SEO Intern.
The sole responsibility of an SEO Intern is to execute carefully crafted content strategies that drive results for small businesses from around the world. Our clients span industries ranging from travel to consulting and HR to publishing. A successful SEO (search engine optimization) writer drives organic web traffic from search engines to client websites.
Audiences reach the end of your pages without any effort. You write quality content and rank high in search engines. You excel at research and can deconstruct unfamiliar topics to persuade audiences through the marketing funnel. Gut feeling takes a backseat to structured text. Readers engage with your content and gain value from your words.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Create digital content like blog posts and landing pages
- Assist Digital PR team with the creation of content like guest posts, infographics, interviews, and expert roundups
- Design graphics and source appropriate images to enhance SEO content
- Strengthen SEO content with logical formatting that makes people want to keep reading
- Read up on the latest trends to continuously innovate on the types of content we create
Ready to help our clients rank higher? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English or Journalism
- Or pursuing a Certificate in Creative Writing or Technical Writing
- A love to write…as demonstrated in a personal blog, novel, or well-written creative class project
- Curiosity for marketing
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Alignment with our core values
Your day-to-day activities include a lot of writing and creating content for a wide variety of clients.
Plus, you’re doing it in a startup environment named a Best Place To Work two years in a row, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “digital marketing company.” Markitors typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide). You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Instagram account.
In terms of knowledge and experience, this role requires an ability to write about a diverse set of topics. Creativity, curiosity, resilience, patience, and the ability to intelligently research foreign subject matters are a must. The on-boarding process will include a healthy dose of SEO foundations to familiarize you with the world of digital marketing.
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex.
The start and end dates of this internship align with the Spring Semester schedule and are flexible during both Spring and Summer. This is a paid internship with an hourly wage of $12 / hour.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and writing samples (the longer, the better) to [email protected]