We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern, Data Science.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will help Markitors fulfill its mission to connect small businesses with their customers.
In this role you’ll not only work on coding algorithms or programs but also participate in the brainstorming sessions with the team for choosing the best features to help improve Terkel, our knowledge platform. We are looking for someone who has the intuition to work in a collaborative environment. If you have the above mentioned qualities with strong technical skills in Machine Learning/AI and Data Analysis, please apply for this role.
This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to follow a well-defined process pioneered by our CEO, passion, energy, strong technical knowledge, and a commitment to the success of small businesses.
What’s a day-to-day look like? Here it is.
- Create learning algorithms on AI/ML to automate text selection based on various criteria such as keywords and url generic information
- Develop multi environment usable programs for frontend and backend integrating different platforms such as Python and SQL to retrieve data from the database using backend technologies
- Attend Agile – Scrum calls and brainstorm ideas during all the meetings to bring diversity on the table
- Work directly with CEO and Product Managers to enhance existing features or to develop new features for Terkel
- Collaborate with the tech team on Github to share tasks and to update the existing code
Ready to help small businesses sustainably grow their companies? Here are the things that stand out on a resume when we evaluate candidates:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business or other relevant fields
- 3.8 GPA or above
- Extremely data-driven
- Experience in data analysis, data visualization, machine learning/data mining/AI
- Solid understanding of scraping web data (publicly available data) using cutting edge technologies
- Consistently recognized for passion, energy, and for commitment to small businesses
- Good amount of experience in software development and engineering
- Ensure timely and high-quality of delivery
- Well versed with Agile and Scrum environments
- Basic knowledge for Microsoft office and Google Docs and Slides
- Quick learner with the ability to follow a well-defined process
- “You Are Unique” – an alignment with our core values
- Bonus points for experience with tools like Asana, Azure, Github and MySql Workbench
Markitors is a great place to grow your knowledge and expertise in a progressive field that is becoming increasingly more complex. We have received three “Best Place To Work” awards and appear on the first page of search results for the term “digital marketing company.”
This is a paid internship and 100% remote position, meaning 100% of work will be done remotely with 0% of work being done in person.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]